Saturday, October 3, 2009

Coming Home Early :-(

Yes, it is true. I slid down a slight hill and lost my balance. I knew it was serious when I heard the bone in my leg snap. That's a sound I won't forget for a very long time! I was taken to Nairobi Hospital, which Lorna said was the best hospital in Kenya. The doctor was so kind. The first thing he said to me was, "Polysana." When I didn't understand, he explained that it means, "Very sorry." He even offered to get me something to eat!

The pain is manageable, thank to my personal nurse, Karen, who was with me and has been my constant companion every since. She is staying home with me today while the others go to the Safari Park and shopping at the Maasai market.

We have accomplished many things so far and I am disappointed to be coming home early, but God in His wisdom must have a reason for it. Sue will be coming with me. We have travel insurance that will be covering the flight home and medical assistance, so we are all set. I guess the Lord wanted me to have the experience of a Kenyan hospital! I was pleasantly surprised. However, I didn't want to experience the entire experience of having surgery there! I will be coming home Sunday and going to U of M on Monday, hopefully.

Thank you for all your prayers, and I look forward to seeing you all and sharing how God has used this team in such an amazing way! We are now beyond the "look and see" stage and are ready to formulate a plan to be of real assistance to Pastor Meeker and Dcs. Lorna.

Blessings to you all!
Serving God and His people everywhere,
Dcs. Linda

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Saturday, 10-3-09 8:15 AM

The latest information is that in order to find a seat that would accomodate the injury, Linda and Sue will be leaving Nairobi Sunday evening at 10PM and arriving in Detroit at 10:30AM Monday morning. This was the best option regardless of carrier, and they were difficult and time consuming arrangements to make. I thank Sue for all her efforts on Linda's behalf and expressed to her my dissapointment that she must return early. As it turns out, it is only a few days early.

Claudia said...

Doing so much for so many in short order aren't you?
Maybe our Lord says Dcs., Time to slow down and take care of yourself now :-)
Praying for smooth sailing on the ride home.

Anonymous said...

I think Claudia is right ~ now it's time to let others take care of YOU for a change. Safe travels, and we'll see you when you return...

Lisa

Karl said...

I'm certain the Lord doesn't break bones and just as sure he heals them once broken. May your bones and soul both be mended by the Creator and Redeemer of both. May his Angels watch over your (early) return - even if it has to be in Business Class! :-) Godspeed.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you have to leave early. I know how important this trip was to you. I'll talk to you soon. Love you!

Paula Hoegemeyer said...

Our prayers are with you, Linda and Mauro, as you seek treatment and healing for that broken leg. The nurse in me wants to know - which leg and which bone? Regardless, we hope your trip was safe and that your healing is complete, both mentally and physically! Love in Christ